The second Cybersecurity Summit Command Control is taking place in Munich on March 3–4. Top speakers from industry, academia and politics will gather in the ICM – Internationales Congress Center München—to give presentations and discuss cybersecurity with particular reference to this year’s central theme of cyber resilience. In the forefront are two central questions: What happens if my company is successfully attacked? And how do I safeguard my operations and therefore also the commercial success of my company if the IT systems are no longer accessible?
Attendees at Command Control 2020 can look forward to a high-caliber program. Brittany Kaiser, the whistleblower from the Cambridge Analytica Scandal, will give the opening keynote address on March 3. Other speakers include the Head of Information Security at Netflix Jimmy Sanders, the CEO and Co-founder of IOTA Dominik Schiener, the Chief Privacy Officer from eBay Dr. Anna Zeiter, the State Data Protection Officer of Baden-Württemberg Dr. Stephan Brink or Philipp Amann from Europol. Dr. Suzanna Randall, likely to be the first German woman in space, will give a presentation on cybersecurity in space.
New highlight speaker confirmed
- Col. Jaak Tarien is the Director of the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Centre (CCDCOE) that has been stationed in Estonia since September 2018 and is one of the most important cyber defense centers worldwide. The main remit of the site at which 21 nations work on 360-degree cyber defense is scientific research, training and exercises. The focus here is on technology, strategy, operational approach and on legal aspects. Before joining CCDCOE Tarien was a commander in the Estonian Air Force.
In his session at Command Control Tarien will describe Estonia’s success story in relation to cyber resilience and give some insights into NATO Locked Shields. Thomas Boenig will also be on the panel. He is the CIO and CDO of the City of Munich. He will participate in the discussion on Securing Smart Cities and report on how the City of Munich is protecting itself against cyber attacks.
- Despina Spanou runs the cabinet of the Vice-President of the European Commission whose responsibilities include European Union policy for security. Spanou has extensive experience in cybersecurity policy and law. For example, in one of her previous functions in the European Commission she was responsible for digital privacy, networked towns and mobility, digital health, electronic government services and electronic identification. The politician is also a founding member of the Women4Cyber Initiative. One of her main objectives is the further development of female cybersecurity experts across Europe. At Command Control Spanou will talk about the current status of the security union.
- Adam Banks is the Chief Technology & Information Officer (CIO) of the largest global shipping company AP Moller-Maersk, which in 2017 was affected by one of the most serious cyber attacks to date. At Command Control he will talk for the first time about the changes he implemented after the incident and will demonstrate the importance of empowerment for a CISO.
- Jürgen Hahn has been the CFO of a leading fashion company since 2007. In 2019 criminals attacked the company’s IT systems. Hahn will share his findings from this period and transparently explain the role the board played in solving the situation.
- Mauro Pianezzola is the Head of Group Information Security in Projects & Processes at Volkswagen AG. Previously as CIO he was responsible for the IT destiny of the motorbike manufacturer Ducati. He is one of the leading experts in Cloud Security and at Command Control he will talk about his experiences in this area at VW.
- Steve Durbin is the Managing Director of the Information Security Forum (ISF). The ISF is one of the world’s leading cybersecurity organizations. Within its environment companies can exchange information in a protected room about all types of security challenges. Durbin is one of the leading experts in cybersecurity strategy, information technology and the constantly changing threat situation for companies. At Command Control he will be shedding light on cyber resilience from the perspective of CEOs.
You can find The Agenda of Command Control here: www.command-control.com/de/besucher/programm/agenda