September 12, 2018
New Cybersecurity Summit from September 20–22, 2018 in Munich
Command Control: Over 75 international top speakers from cybersecurity
- Interactive exchange and networking platform for digital decision-makers
- Eugene Kaspersky (Kaspersky Lab), Natalia Oropeza (Siemens), Thomas Braun (UN), Florian Haacke (innogy), Prof. Dr. Angelika Niebler (MEP) and many other speakers on the platform
- Practical seminars on reference projects and use cases
The new cybersecurity summit Command Control from September 20–22, 2018 in the ICM - Internationales Congress Center München is bringing together decision-makers and top speakers from business, academia and politics for the first time. They will discuss a secure digital future at Europe's leading digitalization location. In keynote speeches, workshops and panel discussions, decision-makers will find out how they can securely manage the digital transformation of their companies. Leading figures including the CEO of Kaspersky Lab Eugene Kaspersky, the European Parliament's Rapporteur for the European legislation on cyber security, Prof. Angelika Niebler (MEP) and Natalia Oropeza, Chief Cybersecurity Officer at Siemens will all be participating.
“Digitalization needs a secure foundation. In view of the ever more complex threat landscape, new management strategies and exchange opportunities are required,” explains Klaus Dittrich, Chairman and CEO of Messe München. “Therefore, with Command Control we are offering the right interactive and interdisciplinary platform where decision-makers will learn from selected experts and opinion leaders how they can secure the survivability and growth of their own companies using cybersecurity, digital leadership competence and compliance.”
Interactive Conference Program
The focus of Command Control is the interactive conference program with the participation of over 75 high-caliber experts and opinion leaders from business, academia and politics. In all the sessions the attendees will have the opportunity to join in and ask questions. The event language is English. Simultaneous interpreting in German will be offered for the presentations on the main stage and side stage. The agenda items below are some of the highlights of the three-day agenda:
- Panel Future of Digital Trust with, amongst others, Eugene Kaspersky, CEO Kaspersky Lab (September 20, 12:45 pm)
- Keynote Speech Understanding and Managing Human Risk by Lance Spitzner, Director SANS Security Awareness) (September 20, 1 pm)
- Panel Cybersecurity - European Approaches! with, amongst others, Prof. Dr. Angelika Niebler, MEP & Rapporteur in the European Parliament on the Cybersecurity Act (September 20, 1:30 pm)
- Discussion Round Cyber Risk Resilience Dashboard for Senior Executives with, amongst others, Thomas Steinich, Head of Standards and Strategy Linde Group (September 20, 1:45 pm)
- Discussion Round The making of a good CISO with, amongst others, Natalia Oropeza, Chief Cybersecurity Officer Siemens, and Jeff Brown, CISO Raytheon (September 20, 2:30 pm)
- Keynote Solution Sessions for Critical Infrastructures by Terry Halvorsen, CIO Samsung Electronics & former CIO US Department of Defense (September 20, 5 pm)
- Incident Talk Strategic Positioning of Cybersecurity at Top Management by Florian Haacke, CSO Innogy (September 21, 11:15 am)
- Presentation Darknet Markets: An introduction to Cybercrime markets by Cybersecurity Evangelist Marco di Filippo (September 21, 4:45 pm)
- Keynote Implementing a Cybersecurity Initiative into a Global Operation by Thomas Braun, CISO United Nations (September 22, 10:10 am)
Learning from practical experiences
Alongside the Conference Program Command Control will be running over 25 best practice 90 minute workshops where security experts will provide practical insights into specific reference projects and use cases. The format of the workshops will be small groups of up to 20 people which will also enable the attendees to discuss sensitive aspects. The best practice seminars will cover the entire cybersecurity spectrum from the implementation of effective cyber resilience strategies via best practice to the control of industrial control systems and to projects in which companies have been mentored successfully through to GDPR compliance. The workshops are being held by the proven experts from the corporate partners of Command Control including Akamai, Checkpoint, Ernst & Young, Proofpoint, Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, SANS Institute and SecureLink.
Visualization of threat scenarios
The event also includes an exhibition area where a range of security providers will be presenting their solutions. The aim of this innovative showcase concept from Command Control is to find new ways of visualizing complex inter-connections. This concept is being launched this year with the installation of a digital factory in which the security providers. Airbus Cybersecurity, Cyoss by ESG, Giesecke & Devrient Mobile Security, TÜV Rheinland and VMware have set up a joint augmented reality system to clearly demonstrate the different threat scenarios in the networking of production plants and to present corresponding solutions.
Furthermore, as a warm-event to Command Control on September 19, there will be a Pre-Event at the Information Security Hub in Munich Airport which is offering a cyber simulation taster training session to attendees. The event will then come to a close at a Networking Event on September 22 in the Schottenhamel Tent at the Munich Oktoberfest.